Preservation of the User’s privacy is very important to the OB Architecture Limited (“OBA”). OBA is committed to protecting the rights of users in relation to their personal information and confirms that all personal information submitted by the User to the website will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (“the Data Protection Legislation”)
- Who we are
- What personal data do we collect
- How will it be used
- Transfer of data outside the UK or EEA
- Who we share your data with
- How long we will keep your data
- How we protect your data
- Your choices and rights
- Changes to the policy
This Privacy Notice explains your rights and gives you information you are entitled to under the Data Protection Legislation. Note this section only refers to your personal data which we process, and collect about you when you contact us by phone, email, letter, complete online forms, attend any of our events or when you use any of our websites.
1. Who we are
OB Architecture Limited Company that specialises in international architectural design and consultancy. We strive to be one of the most trusted, authentic and responsible voices in residential architecture.
Our registered address is: The Dispensary, 5-6 The Square, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO23 9ES. Our company number is 07463920
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
2. What personal data do we collect
- Personal information that may be contained in communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns, comments or complaints.
- Details regarding any transactions you authorise us to make (such as your billing address and payment details)
- Information (such as your name, date of birth, phone number, email address, IP address, home address, employment details, education background) that you provide by filling in an application form to become a member, enter a competition or award, use our library or collection services or correspond with us via our Site, including if you subscribe to our newsletter
- Technical Data, including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
If you do not provide us with certain personal information (for example, if you do not provide us with the personal information that is required for us to contact you) we might not be able to provide certain services to you as we process your inquiry. Where we need to collect personal data by law and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. How will it be used
OB Architecture’s basis for gathering personal data are listed below:
- Processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
- Is necessary to deliver a contract or service.
- You have given us consent.
We need to process personal data in order to:
- Provide our services to you, including entering into a Contract, communication with you regarding your project, your service or to respond to your inquiry;
- Invoice and collect fees or other payments due by you;
- Process inquiries applications;
- Correspond with you and handle your queries or complaints;
- Send you newsletters, selected mail and guidance or other advertising and promotional emails which we think you may find interesting;
- Identify visitors to our Site, improve our Site and services and customise our Site for you; and
- Exercising our rights: Where reasonably necessary, we use your data to exercise our legal rights. We reserve the right to pass your details onto trusted third parties. (e.g., to debt recovery specialists).
- Marketing and advertising: We use your data to show you ads on third-party sites, and to measure the effectiveness of those ads.
- Improving our services: We use your data to understand how our services are being used and how we can improve them. In general, we analyze anonymous data, rather than specific user data collected.
- Customizing your experience: We use your data to personalize the service to you. This may include remembering your preferences for language or volume or displaying videos that you might enjoy, based upon your viewing choices.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience, Contract or other transactions
All electronic marketing communications (such as newsletters) include the option to directly unsubscribe or you can contact OBA via the ‘contact’ page of the website to ask for your preferences to be updated.
4. Transfer of data outside the UK or EEA
We may share, transfer or store your personal information outside of the UK within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of your personal information or adequate security measures are adopted and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
5. Who we share your data with
With your consent, we may from time to time share or disclose your personal information as follows:
- Specific third parties providers such as our sub-contractors and sub-consultants
- We may from time to time share or disclose your personal information to our regional and international offices
- We may share your personal information with third parties in connection with a potential or actual sale or reorganisation of our organisation, in which case personal information held by us about our members may be one of the transferred assets.
6. How long we will keep your data
OBA retains personal data for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or for as long as otherwise required including for the purposes of satisfying any Contractual, legal, liability period, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
OBA maintain a Data Retention Policy which codifies the different periods of time after which personal data will be destroyed or returned to the User. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
7. How we protect your data
OBA take the security of your personal information seriously. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure and unlawful or unauthorised processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We take all reasonable steps to protect any personal information you submit via the website. However, as our website is grouped to the internet we cannot guarantee the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via our website.
8. Your choices and rights
As an individual you have explicit rights under the Data Protection Legislation:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
- The right to withdraw your consent to the collection, holding and processing of your personal data at any time.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We aim to respond to all requests within 20 working days for first inquiry, however at busy periods we may take longer. We will inform you of expected timescales and keep you updated.
9. Changes to the policy
OBA’s website (www.obarchitecture.co.uk) to submit personal information to us.
Last updated 08th December 2022